Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baby's First Dress

Tuesday I decided I needed to finally get around to making a pretty dress for my little girl. She meeting all the boys at coffee group on Thursday and it would be nice to have a "going out" dress!

So Wednesday I needed to make sure we 'made the time' to sew... I had decided a while back to try out Simplicity 9642, a simple pinafore type dress.

My day went ....
Wake up; morning feed; check emails; put baby in cot to play while I start organising pattern, fabric, machines, eat breakfast; baby asleep... quickly cut out fabric; baby awake; take baby from room to room as I cut, sew, iron, feed, change, sew, iron.....

Decided to try my hand at a flower appliqué for the front of the dress. Too nervous to attach directly to the dress, put it on a pocket. It was quite easy really.

This was an easy pattern. The hardest thing that I found was turning the straps the right side out. Is there an easy way to do this???

Photos coming of the finished product!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

A gadget called "Tube Turner" makes turning easy. http://sewlil.blogspot.com/2007/08/dritz-quick-turn-fabric-tube-turners.html This shows you how they work. Made mine from a length of fine plastic hose (sold for use when making wine etc) and a chop stick. Hope this helps
Sheila

Rebecca said...

Wow, thanks for that. Wish I had known about them ages ago.